Well, it’s been a long time, to say the least. What, almost 6 years?
It’s a long story. Just so I don’t bore you to death with all the gory details, here’s what happened in a nutshell.
- I transferred my blog to Bluehost.com, sometime in 2010 I suppose, under the domain leftylimbo.com.
- From then on, my blog survived as its own, individual wordpress entity. Which was actually awesome, btw.
- Towards the end of 2014, I began to have less and less time to blog, and even less motivation to do so. I began to discover that social media was a much more immediate outlet for announcements, interactivity and conversations.
- On October 18, 2015, I received a notice from Bluehost that my hosting account had expired, and that I had 21 days to renew safely without losing data.
- On November 7, 2015 (20 days after the notice), I logged in to renew my site. To my surprise, all my data had been completely erased.
- After an infuriating, blood-boiling conversation with two utterly useless bluehost.com customer service representatives, I was left shit outta luck. My data was irretrievable, and no compensation nor explanation was given.
So, thanks to them, I lost over 5 years worth of blog content. I’m actually heading over to the post office right now to send a letter that’s addressed directly to their VP of Customer Service, Ben Lewis.
As I write this post, I find it incredibly ironic that this FREE wordpress.com site, which I hadn’t touched for at least 5 years, has survived, completely intact, with pictures, links and everything. In the meantime, the one I spent all my time and money on for the past 5+ years has disappeared with no clue to its whereabouts.
Thanks a lot, Bluehost.
I was hesitant to start all over again after this fiasco. But at least for now, it gives me a chance to vent. Thanks for listening.